When I said there were exactly 28 seats left, did I fail to mention that 11 of those were in first class? Yep…I got STUCK in first class for 3 hours to Atlanta! Turns out the height of my birthday was not going to Wendy’s! The flight was great. Plenty of leg room, plenty of service, and plenty of movies to choose from on our personal TVs (coach had them too so fly Delta in the future!).
We arrived in Atlanta at 5:30 and had to catch an 8:00 flight to Nashville. Excuse me, an 8:01 flight to Nashville! Being back in the states was definitely comforting. I had so much fun in Honduras, but I didn’t want to mess around with all the political stuff going on. It was very surreal that we were actually leaving. We were in Honduras for 6 days, but it felt much shorter. I wish we could have done VBS and spent more time with each other as healthy human beings.
All in all, I’m very happy that I was able to take advantage of this great opportunity and go to Honduras. Thank you to everyone who supported me financially or through prayer – both were important, but with everything that happened down there, the only thing any of us wanted from everyone back home was prayer. This was definitely an interesting first mission trip! I would really love to go back again and help finish what we started. La Providencia is a very special place in a unique part of Honduras. The passion that has been poured into this project will continue to flow until it is completely finished. I will definitely be down there to see the finished product. I can only imagine the full impact that La Providencia will have on the community of Siquatepeque and Honduras as a whole.
Please pray for peace for the Honduran people during this time and everyone at La Providencia – the Holliday’s, their newly adopted Honduran son, Jude, and their other 3 children. Jorge. Josué. Davíd. Mario. Alfredo. Tomás. Alejandro. Everyone.
Don’t forget to check out PWM’s child sponsorship program at http://providenceworldministries.org/sponsorship/
One by one we can make a difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment