Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 6 - June 29

I was in bed for a straight 12 hours last night! I felt great today. We worked from 9-5. I got tired a little quicker than everyone else but hey – more breaks for me! We all complained a lot today after being stuck inside all day yesterday. We all miss America and Sonic slushes (I’m hoping I have one waiting for me at the airport on Friday). Work sucked until lunch (which wasn’t too great either [Chinese]), but it was fun after that. Savannah, Matt, and I continued our plumbing project and chatted it up with JosuĂ© (ok…apparently I don’t know that much Spanish after all). After working with PVC pipe all day, I pity my dad for all his troubles with it at home.

We were supposed to do VBS but the school’s closed because of the protests so we just worked all day. I stopped complaining after talking to this girl Kristen who’s staying here until Halloween. She goes to APU so I made her play 20 questions with me about all the stuff we both know/places we’ve been in Pasadena. Another group got in yesterday from Sacramento but Nick – who decided to work with us and not his group – didn’t leave the greatest first impression.

Now everyone (5 people) is getting sick. We’re all convinced that Matt got sick from the family team (most of whom were sick) and brought it over to us. I think the food Saturday night just sparked it for me and Buck. Thankfully, it’s only a 24-hour virus and everyone seems to be getting rid of it within that timeframe.

So while three people were throwing up on the bsu rdie back to the house, we decided to stop at the Texaco station and stock up on American snacks! I’ve never been so excited to go to a gas station before. You can get a lot here for $5! Which is good because dinner tonight was no bueno. I’m trying to trust the cooks but if I see grease I stay away (except the yummy Domino’s grease of course).

We’ve just been hanging out and enjoying yet another GREAT thunderstorm (sorry Meghan you’re missing out!). I gave my testimony tonight in front of all the healthy people. It was kind of liberating I guess to tell random people my story and all the emotions behind it.


My mom is going to love me for doing this journal! She’s a scrapbooker so if a trip is not on paper then it is not properly remembered.

4 more days! 4 more nights. The countdown has begun! I promise, everybody, I willg et the most out of my last 3 days here! Tomorrow’s my birthday so it should be a fun day. It’s 10:40 and I’m not going to bed because someone is throwing up in my bathroom right now! I’m off to play my 1,007th card game of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment