Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 4 - June 27

Mimi ended up going to the hospital last night. They thought me offering her an allergy pill triggered her coughing attack, but she started coughing again today so we’re not really sure what caused it.

There’s now work on the weekends so today was the big waterfall day. We got to sleep in until 8 and then get on a bus for 2 hours to get there. It was so worth the drive. This waterfall was HUGE! I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought we would just go, see the waterfall, and swim in the swimming area nearby. But no…we had a guide who took us BEHIND the waterfall. It was the coolest thing – remember, this thing is gigantic (at least 100ft.) – directly beneath it would easily kill you. Once we got closer, there’s no such thing as “looking up.” All you see is the person in front of you and the water that’s splashing in your eyes. (We were on a small trail of rocks if you didn’t catch that already). Once we got behind it, the guide turns to me (the first person), points at a small opening, and tells me to crawl into it! I’m not the biggest fan of small, enclosed spaces behind a rushing waterfall, but I went up and it was just a small little cave with nothing really to see.






We hiked back up, swam a little in a dammed river, got some cokes, and headed back. We stopped at a really cool hotel for a late lunch on the way back. It rested against the biggest lake in Honduras so the views were spectacular. The food was alright – I had chicken fajitas. Shortly after we got home, the cooks at the house had dinner waiting for us for some reason – it was yummy but extremely unhealthy deep fried tortillas with beans/meat/cheese on top. Let’s just say my stomach wasn’t feeling the greatest when I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment